Saturday, May 7, 2011

Rachel Caine Signing!

Yesterday afternoon/evening, I went to Rachel Caine's signing at Dymocks. Rachel Caine is the author of over 30 novels, including the Morganville Vampires series, in case you didn't know (but you probably did). I missed the trivia contest, but arrived in time for Rachel's talk about her writing career so far and for her Q & A session. She was extremely funny and her stories were definitely interesting.


Next she was signing. I only brought three to be signed (because my puny arms couldn't possibly lug all 10 books to the store): the first in the series, Glass Houses; the latest in the series, Bite Club; and my favourite in the series, Ghost Town.


Plus, she gave out awesome swag to people who came, including a Morganville Resident Identification Card and a holographic bookmark.


Yesterday was the first time I'd ever been to a book signing, and I can tell it certainly won't be the last! It was really great to meet the author behind the books.